I just can't think of anything to write about. I blame my Creative Writing course - all my ideas are going into the book that I am planning. Did I say book? Well, yes; the other night I awoke with a great character in mind and then spent the rest of the night dreaming up exploits for her. Like all middle of the night ideas it did seem very splendid at 3am and then a bit ott by breakfast time. Yet there is a germ of an idea sprouting and I do find myself sitting gazing at nothing thinking up narrative tricks involving my erstwhile heroine.
Other things that have been occupying me at the moment are:
- a economy drive - yes, I have stopped buying boots and things that are not essential. In fact the Lakeland order that is currently on its way came to under £40 and if that is not stringent measures then I don't know what is!
- How to avoid flat hair - due to all the rain and the daily dog walks my hair has been buried under a black trilby. Very chic when it is on, disgusting when it is suddenly pulled off.
- Musing on the fact that I only got 71% for my first marked assignment. This was a short biographical piece about my father and his scene in Carry on up the Khyber. I know one should never assume but I was rather hoping for a higher mark.
- Whether or not Mr FF will have to relocate to the UK for a short while to work on a contract there. We have seldom been apart in the twelve years that we have been together. Things are a bit unsettled at the moment.
- What on earth t0 fill my blog with.
Oh and the photo at the top is the last photo I have of me with my parents. It is at someone else's house - my mother would never have allowed such dire paintings on the wall.