Friday, September 26, 2008

Numbers

This morning my blog counter on the left showed that there have now been 3000 people from 80 countries that have popped in to see what I've been up to. Having said that, I'm not sure if it's a case of repeated hits from a regular select few pushing up the totals. I experimented a couple of times with friends in different countries and, after their repeated visits, my 'hit' from their respective place did not increase at all so I have to assume that it is indeed 3,000 different people. For the first year I didn't even have this counter and I wonder how many visited me then?

The counter has been quite educational for me. Burkina Faso is a place that I'd never even heard of and then reading the local paper the other day I found out that a school in my town is actually twinned with one from there. It's a small African country near Liberia, in case you are wondering and what a coincidence that I'd actually heard of it, just from this thing that I like to do.

No comments: