Monday, September 12, 2005

London mini-trip

Off to London tomorrow via a car ride to the station (45 mins); the TGV to Paris, Montparnasse; a 40 minute car journey across Paris taking in some beautiful touristy sights; Eurostar to Waterloo then finally a taxi to Hazlitts.

I love train travel. We used to do the cheap flight to the UK thing, but they are so uncomfortable and people look so miserable, that it can really pull you down. I think trains put people into a much better mood.

I'm planning on visiting a couple of pubs and restaurants in Soho, shopping for make-up in Libertys, dropping into the Jo Malone shop, maybe zooming through Selfridges and then, finally, picking up some foodie goodies from M&S.

I have a few meetings planned, not the least of which is meeting some women I refer to as 'Sparklies'. You know who you are.

No comments: